NEAR DEATH EXPERIENCE
Near death experience :
personal experience associated with impending death, encompassing multiple possible sensations including detachment from the body, feelings of levitation, total serenity, security etc.
What happens :
It is observed that during this process you will be get separated from your body and you can see your body as if you are a spectator. It is even observed that you will be attracted to some bright light. BUT ALL THESE DOESN’T HAVE ANY SCIENTIFIC PROOF 😦
So there is no proof for the out of body experience, but as we know the work of scientists is to make hypothesis and try to prove them.
- Scientists assumed that Consciousness resides in the microtubules of the brain cells, which are the primary sites of quantum processing.
- Our experience of consciousness is the result of quantum gravity effects in these microtubules.
For example :
When a person is declared dead(heart stopped working) ,
- the microtubules lose their quantum state.
- The quantum information within the microtubules is not destroyed, it can’t be destroyed, it just distributes and dissipates to the universe at large.
- If the patient is resuscitated, revived, this quantum information can go back into the microtubules and the patient says “I had a near death experience”.
They assumed this to be actual concept behind NDE but there is no scientific proof for it.
After all what is the use of experimenting and studying NDE ?
First answer is that the topic is quite interesting. But can you find some useful ways in relating it with current medical scenario ?
Yes, of course NDE brings us to a situation of changing the actual definition of death. This is because, even after our heart stops beating, there will be a RAPID INCREASE IN OUR BRAIN ACTIVITY for next 30 seconds and we have seen cases where person came back after being declared dead.
So how it can be used ?
From this concept we can say that brain can be made to function irrespective of functioning of the heart for some time. This can be used Heart transplantation where we have seen cases that person died because of brain failure during transplantation. This can be made possible if technology develops a lot. Let’s hope that it happens and if it does, it will be surely revolutionize the medical field.